Recently, as the Lib Dem Candidate for Clacton, I outlined my plans for tackling the Climate Emergency through practical action.
My six point plan to tackle the climate crisis addresses the need for national, international and local action.
- Plant 60 million trees
- Invest in another Green Investment Bank to replicate the success of the first under Lib Dem Climate Minister, Sir Ed Davey MP
- Improve recycling rates in Tendring by working with other local authorities to utilise economies of scale
- Cut back on my personal usage of private vehicles (preferring public transport instead)
- Cut Carbon omissions to net zero by 2045
- Continue my pro-bono legal work with Extinction Rebellion, ensuring people are not criminalised for fighting the climate crisis
Check out the article here